blogbanner

blogbanner

Monday, February 9, 2015

Barrie Ingham 1932-2015

It is with a heavy heart that that I take up my pen to write these unhappy words: actor Barrie Ingham, best known to Disney fans as the voice of Basil of Baker Street, has passed away at the age of 82. As the voice of Disney's Great Mouse Detective, he always had and always will have a special place in my heart. When I think that the former powers-that-be at Disney almost re-dubbed that perfect voice with an American actor, I shudder uncontrollably.

His career was long and distinguished, but some highlights include A Challenge for Robin Hood, Dr. Who, Camelot, Star Trek, and Jekyll & Hyde, the Musical. To me, though, he will forever be Basil.

Thank you, sir, for your undying contribution to animation history. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment