blogbanner

blogbanner

Monday, October 1, 2012

Blu-Ray, or Not Blu-Ray part 6

Parts 1-5 are just the "improvements" listed by Disney, to which I will add a few of my own.

Increased Price

Blu-Rays aren't too much more money, but they are more, so it must be considered by all of us working stiffs.

Lack of Availability

Not only are there hundreds of movies and TV series not available on Blu-Ray, but many are released every day, even by Disney, on DVD only. So the new format and new player would still only be used and/or needed for a tiny fraction of my library.

And finally, I mustn't forget that I only switched to DVD in 2001. That may seem like a long time to some of you younger readers, but consider that I still own and watch VHS videos. I enjoy them on my combo player, gradually replacing them with DVDs as the opportunity presents itself relatively cheaply. Disney sometimes forgets that not all their fans are wealthy.

For the time being, I'll stay with DVD. And, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to skip Blu-Ray entirely for the next new format. Whatever that will be.

Read the entire rant

No comments:

Post a Comment