blogbanner

blogbanner

Monday, December 24, 2018

Dashing Through the Mall

Sung to the tune of Jingle Bells

Dashing through the mall,

In a frantic sort of way.

I don't care at all

'Bout what I have to pay.

Cash registers ring,

Make my wallet light,

But I don't think about a thing

'Cept getting done tonight.

Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve,

Final shopping day.

Other folks, more organized,

Might have some time to play, but--

Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve,

What time do they close?

No time for baking cookies,

I'll pick up some Oreos.

Checked my list last night,

Thought that I was done.

Nothing for my sis,

My in-laws, or my son.

Grab a shirt for Dad,

A sweater for Aunt Sue.

They will just exchange 'em when

The holidays are through.

O, Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve,

From Macy's to Wal-Mart.

Took a Batman Lego

Out of someone else's cart, O--

Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve,

Got no time to wrap.

I know what I want next year:

Just a twenty-five-day nap.

art courtesy of http://blvcccvrd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment